Southern Exposure

Southern Exposure is my ruminations, reflections and personal descriptions of the ten weeks I'll be spending living and working as a legal intern in the deep South.

Monday, August 07, 2006

State of the Union

Here’s a list of all the states I’ve visited and associated stats:

States I’ve visited: 38 (Almost 39...after I visit Minnesota in September)
States I still need to visit: 12
(See below for a complete listing)

States I’ve traveled to this summer:
Alabama
Mississippi
Louisiana
Tennessee
Georgia

Favorite State:
Maryland, of course!
Runners up:
New York City (ok, that's not a state)
Colorado

Least-Favorite State:
I’m not going to answer this one because every state I’ve been to has something good about it, but I think most people from the Northeast would pick New Jersey.

State with the friendliest people:
It’s a toss up between Colorado, California (San Francisco), Alabama and Mississippi

Most scenic state:
Wyoming

Least scenic state:
Oklahoma

States I Still Need to Go to (Ranked in order of preference):
Washington & Oregon
Alaska
North Dakota & Montana
Hawaii
Arkansas
Kentucky
Idaho
Missouri
Kansas

State with the most far-out but worthwhile tourist site:
Iowa’s Field of Dreams

States I could see myself raising a family in:
Maryland / D.C. Area
Pennsylvania
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Georgia
California
Colorado
Texas

States I could see myself retiring to:
Maine
Vermont
New York
Maryland (DC Area)
Arizona
California
(Florida is conspicuously absent from this list...though I can't promise it won't happen)

State I think will be the first to secede from the Union:
Texas

State that should host the Olympics:
Colorado
Pennsylvania
Florida
----------------
States I've Been To:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware
Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine
Maryland, Massachussets, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska
Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York
North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas
Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Wyoming

States I still have to get to:
Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky
Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota
Oregon, Washington

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the stats, but NJ? Hey... now you are just being mean :)

    You just have to come berry picking with me some August and then head to Wildwood and then to the Delaware Water Gap for some tubing and I think we can change your mind :)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Prosnit said…

    Garbage ... you can just leave a list like this

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found this entry -- somehow I didn't notice it when you posted it. Too bad I made the mistake of being nice to you when I saw you at Hadar. Our friendship is over -- should've been weeks ago!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner